Thursday, February 02, 2006

Random News From The Front.

Just a couple updates......

My stuff isn't going to be auctioned off (thanks, RH.)

Ratings came back....number one mornings in every demo. Number one mornings 12+, too. Yay. Now on with the fight. Long way to go yet. Gotta get the music right. Get the rest of the day to number one, too.

Although modesty has compelled me to remain silent so far, now it can be told--I won the Above and Beyond Award for the YEAR for FM North at our recent awards banquet. In front of the owner, TR and everyone. Got a warm reception. It was a good feeling.

Signed up for guitar lessons. Gonna finally learn to play. Hopefully.

So far at Spiece, since my birthday, I've lost 64 pounds. 50 or so to go. More salad and grilled chicken, anyone?

Nubs are good. The youngest went flying in a four-seat Cessna last weekend...and may have caught the bug. Gotta love the Young Eagles program. The oldest one is doing well, too.

Now if I can figure out how to pay for flight school.....

How have YOU been??

1 Comments:

Blogger U15 My Gypsy said...

Hey ... been a while since the mornings have done so well! Congrats! Yeah, I know the millionaires from Indy had something to do with the success, but I also believe that you take a bow when you can. How many books has it been since mornings were number 1? Many. Now YOU'RE there, and it's number 1. Helluva coincidence, I must say.

And on the other matter of being named Employee of the Year ... on behalf of the many cohorts and former cohorts that know your situation, let me say:

"ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME!!"

(TR: how about some retro bonus cash?)

As for the music and remaining dayparts ... as long as the pencil-necked geek (who employs the cookie-cutter techniques to make so many stations resounding successes)will let the people who actually HAVE an idea of what will work in Fort Wayne do the job, then success should come quickly.

But I may be a bit giddy from the Kool-Aid I was sipping ... we'll see.

2/03/2006 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home