Thursday, July 14, 2005

Back In The Saddle.

New tires all around on the karmic wheels. Some of the glad tidings:

--Good visit with my babies. Sad cause they left today, and I'll miss them, but they had a good time, and I know I'll get to talk to them soon, and see them again eventually.
--Full time at work again. (mmmm...benefits)
--Above and Beyond winner for the second month in a row at work.
--Officially made Music Director for the station.

Moving to mornings and Bob and Tom producer soon (you got your wish, RH)...Crystal promoted to nights. Good for us both. Fits better with my music director duties...and it's exposure for me on the highest rated daypart. Crystal gets to grow. Imagine that...letting your people learn and grow in their career! What a concept!

Now if I can find a house, get my stuff out of storage, and have a place to entertain friends and loved ones --(present and future loved ones....heh.)-- things will be damn great!

Oh, and if anyone has any tips on a good diet, let me know....that's another goal for the months ahead.

Talked to Grandma today....girls got to say goodbye, and I inquired about her activities at the home...er, rehabilitation center. She has a good roommate, and apparently good therapists, and seems to be making progress. Good for her.

Meant to be, meant to be. Not just a slogan...more a way of life. It all lies in how you play the hand you're dealt.

Just about everybody can have it good if they try hard enough, and keep their chin up. Or as my roundheaded friend wrote not so long ago....if I had to sum it up , my epitaph might read 'more than some, less than others.' Good line...and a good way to keep perspective...on all things.

Getting ready for whatever's next.....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, 'bout damn time at the station now cough up some B&T spiffs! Knew something was up in the mornings, I could swear I heard Steve Shine on air but now I know it was just a bad dream. Keep up the positive vibes and good things will continue to happen.

I also know somebody who has a spare house.

7/15/2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

The Steve Shine sound-alike was Dan Knight...who, incidentally, used to work at 106 when Shine owned it.
As for the house....I'd rather take the winnebago....closer to what I can afford, and that way when I default on everything else, BOTH of us won't be bankrupt....lol (i think.)

TL

7/15/2005 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God, I was beginning to think Shine was everywhere. Uncanny, on air to the average putz (me included) they sound the same.

7/17/2005 7:34 PM  
Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

True enough. Some would call Steve the Antichrist....but I'm guessing he wouldn't spend that much time working against someone he doesn't believe in (tongue firmly in cheek.)

On the other hand, not participating in Christmas frees the perpetually tanned Mr. Shine up for another year of great (?) movies on 55 again this holiday season. A bigger boon to the community I can't imagine.

7/19/2005 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home