Monday, July 11, 2005

Celebrate Good Times, Come On! (Or, It's Kool with the Gang.)

This past weekend we celebrated my youngest daughter's 13th birthday with the family, as well as marking my grandmother's 90th birthday. Just a small gathering...immediate family members and Grandma's next door neighbor. Had good food, good conversation, and bad euchre--Grandma isn't a card sharp like she used to be--but a good time was had by all.

So many things to try to get done with my kids while they're here....and just 8 days to do it all. Sorry to anyone slighted by our lack of access.... but heck, we just now got to go to Powers and Coney Island today...and they go home Thursday morning. All too short a time together....and then they're home Friday, take Saturday off to do laundry, then off to the second round of church camp on Sunday morning. Their schedule is just as busy as anyone's I know...bar none.

My schedule is full too....taking care of girls, being a full-time daddy, and still being a full-time employee is stretching me thin...but we're managing, with the help of family that can stand in when I'm not available. The babies like spending time with their aunts and cousins...and it keeps them from getting sick of me, and vice versa, during our visit. They'll be gone all too soon...and then I can crawl back into my work-related cave for an emotional hibernation. Oh well.

On a more somber note, Grandma went into the nursing home today 'voluntarily'...best case scenario has her coming home after two to three weeks of rehabilitation. The 'voluntary' part means she's free to come and go at will now, so she doesn't feel so much like she's been imprisoned--although she fought the decision all the way. We explained that this was the only way she could get better and resume her lifestyle, and she seemed to accept that. With any luck and the staff's help, she'll be feeling better soon...and if not, this will be a transition to whatever's next.

Time to go...Hopefully, it's picture time tomorrow morning, so I can document my two young ladies and their progression into the beautiful young women they're becoming...then off to go backstage at the Grand Funk Railroad concert. More good times with my nubbins.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home