Friday, November 18, 2005

Nothing But Honey Nut Cheerios From Now On. (Or, Some Good News.)

Called the cardiologist late yesterday. Asked about my test results. Was told that the cardiologist would have to call me back (seldom a good sign, and cause in and of itself for a little cardiac stress.) Waited. And waited.

Dr. Hambel finally called me back (actually, it was only about ten minutes later, but it seemed a lot longer.) Said he wasn't concerned, because he had heard me on the air, and figured I hadn't died (true.) Funny man.

Told me that my chest wall was thicker than most (I attribute that to the Spiece workouts), and that the ultrasound wasn't as definitive as he would have liked, but that there appeared to be no reason for concern. Also that the halter monitor test validated that opinion. Bottom line? Yes, I tipped over. Still don't know why. But it apparently wasn't because of a problem with my heart. The ticker is as strong as ever (very good news there.) He released me to do whatever I want.

Headed back to Spiece Monday. That will be the test...see if the bruised ribs and the two weeks of inactivity will trigger anything. Don't think it will, but you never know. I now know that I'm not bulletproof...and that every 20 hours or so, I should take a break and rest. Gotta be smarter in how I punish myself....workout good.....barhopping and Powers at 4am bad.

Just glad for the good news....and the opportunity to take better care of myself. Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers. They helped. Onward into the good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home