Friday, March 03, 2006

Your Boat Drinks For The Day.

(my kind of beach 'bums'!!!)

Since JQP is on the Lenten-inspired wagon; and because I'm jonesing something fierce for the beach today, I thought I would post these sand-inspired cocktails. Enjoy!


'CUDA (BARRACUDA)
(for my friend John C.....don't go swimming with two of these)

1 1/2 oz. BACARDI ® Spice Rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine
Serve over ice in a tall glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

PAWLEY'S ISLAND ICED TEA
(similar to a Long Island Iced Tea, but with a southern feel--perfect for those that don't like tequila--like me)

1/2 oz. BACARDI® Spice Rum
1/2 oz. BACARDI® Limón Rum
1/2 oz. BACARDI® Light-Dry
3 oz. sweet and sour. Splash of cola.

And for those (like me) that can't always afford the good cocktails, and can't wait for months for your homemade beer, wine, or Kahlua to be ready....here's a recipe for homemade Irish Cream liqueur...one that, most importantly, can be ready to drink the same evening you make it.....


INGREDIENTS:• 2 Large Cartons Whipping Cream (2 Cups each) • 6 oz Cooking Chocolate Syrup • 1 Tsp. Inst. Coffee Dissolved in a little water • 1 Tin Eagle Brand Milk • 2 Large Tins Evaporated Milk • 1 Bottle Irish Whiskey

METHOD:Pour chocolate syrup into a large bowl with Eagle Brand Milk and mix on low with mixer till blended. Add evaporated milk, whipping cream, and coffee. Beat thoroughly. Add whiskey last. Let stand 4 hours before drinking. (if you can!)

NOTES:This will fill 4 - 26oz whiskey bottles - please keep refrigerated for best flavor and safety.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

Nope....in fact, some bourbon and cheesesticks would help my attitude right now.....

Just didn't have the money or the proper attitude for NLT....so I didn't go.

Feel fortunate....it WOULD have been a No Love Thursday if I had attended....perhaps bitingly so. Better that i miss on days like that. Perhaps next week....

3/03/2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home