Sunday, April 15, 2007

Your Song Of Inspiration. (Or, Just Take Those Old Records Off The Shelf.)

From Amazon.com.

Saxophonist Jr. Walker was the most gutbucket of Motown's consistent '60s hit makers. Even when trying his hardest to conform to label formulas ("What Does It Take [To Win Your Love]," "Gotta Hold On to This Feeling"), he sounded like he'd be just as much at home in the backroom of a barbecue joint.

My kind of guy....great, classic R&B...and conjuring up thoughts of BBQ doesn't hurt either. Jr. Walker, for the non-musicologists, was also the man blowing a killer sax on Foreigners "Urgent". What Does It Take is possibly my favorite song of all time...all while clocking in at a shade over two minutes. A true classic.

Junior Walker and the All Stars--What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
(Johnny Bristol, Harvey Fuqua, Vernon Bullock)

[Instrumental Interlude]

What does it take
to win your love for me?
How can I make
this dream come true for me?
Whoa I just got to know
ooo, baby cause I love ya so.
Gonna blow for ya

[Instrumental Interlude]

I tried, I tried, I tried, I tried,
in every way I could,
to make you see how much I love you.
Ooo, I thought you understood.
So you gotta make me see,
what does it take to win your love for me?
Gonna blow again for ya

[Instrumental Interlude]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home