Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mixing It With Love.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

--Willy Wonka

We are also the music schedulers, or at least the music schedulers in training. Hence the slowness of posts....the computer is being used for more noble (or at least potentially profitable) pursuits. The last time I attempted this particular facet of my career was 14 years ago...I can tell cause my oldest daughter was a newborn (and my youngest was not yet conceived) when I started working at the last place I had to schedule music.

I KNOW music...making it appear on paper (and on your favorite station) is harder to grasp. But knowledge is power, as Schoolhouse Rock taught us, and this newly acquired skill will serve me--if not here and now, then when i push a button on the Great Glass Elevator and get transported somewhere else at some point in the future.

By the way, in case you couldn't tell, I love "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Great story, well told. Roald Dahl was a brilliant writer, and the movie is delightful (God, I sound like Roger Ebert here.)
Oh by the way...an aside, as well--for fans of movies, as well as the creatively bankrupt asshats in Hollywood that re-make them:

GENE WILDER IS WILLY WONKA.
Johnny Depp couldn't carry a cup of Gene Wilder's warm piss.
You can't improve on perfection.
Nuff said on that.

"Good day, sir!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

**I** think Johnny Depp would be PERFECT for carrying a cup of Gene Wilder's warm piss. A good actor, but Gene is a freakin' GENIUS!!

5/19/2005 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home