Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Running In The Shadows. (Or, What I Did This Summer--At Least Since The Last Time I Posted.)



Very busy.....getting drunk in several locations, with several groups of people. Let me explain....

Monday (Labor Day, September 5th) was my 43rd birthday....or as i like to think of it, the third day of my 'end of being 42' party.....since we started Saturday night at O's, headed to Buckets, and finished up the evening at the basement, where Stiller, Elvis, MJ and many more ended up fully dressed in the swimming pool. My present was that I got to refuse to be tossed into the water. A good time was had by all.

Sunday (day 2 of festivities) was spent at O's with JQP and lovely bride, Sky Captain and his wife, Amy and (briefly) Gleason, and many drinks. Another good time was had by all, if the receipts from the evening are any indication.

Monday I was awakened at 8:30am by my grandmother, who was feeling a little lonely, but was otherwise in good spirits. I chatted with her for about an hour, sitting in the altogether (don't wake me up and expect me to be dressed and chipper.)

If only Elvis had heeded that piece of advice. He called at 9:45, and asked me to go into work immediately to rectify a problem. That put me at the station for a couple hours. SO, Cliff the new guy, Elvis and I decided to invade O's for a THIRD day of drinking. We opened that bar....

And then headed to Kaysan's out north....where I proceeded to close THAT bar. A co-worker described me as 'annhilated.' Got home with help....

Tuesday started the new airshift. Had to be up at 4:15am. Bad decision.

The rest of the week will be described in the next post. Hint: I survived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home