Friday, November 18, 2005

A Thought For The Day. (And A Moderate One At That.)

Thanks to TV and for the convenience of TV, you can only be one of two kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative.

--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. (1922 - ), "Cold Turkey", In These Times, May 10, 2004

Two reasons for this quote.

One: I love fellow Hoosier Vonnegut; whose father and grandfather designed and built many Indianapolis buildings, most notably the L.S. Ayres building at 1 Washington (now the Parisian store at Circle Centre Mall.)

And two (and most notably:) I was labeled earlier this week by someone I love and respect as being political...and being liberal. Guilty of the first....innocent until proven guilty to the second. As I explained to my Gentle Reader, I like to think of myself as a political agnostic. I believe in the concept of a political buffet.....some liberal, some conservative, but most leanings toward the centrist opinions that most likely make up the majority of thinking Americans. Radical ideas, either to the left or the right, tend to favor the parties' advancement...instead of the country's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home