Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Poor Richard's Almanack (or, A Thought For The Day.)

All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.

--Benjamin Franklin

Ol' Ben is trying to tell us 'meant to be, meant to be'-- so don't screw it up by upsetting the apple cart, to mix a metaphor. I'm trying to remember that as I go through my day-to-day struggles right now.

Stiller gave me a copy of Benjamin Franklin's autobiography to read....Ol' Ben was the Edison, Einstein, Joseph Pulitzer, John F. Kennedy and P. Diddy (all rolled into one) of his time...statesman, politician, inventor, printer, merchant, guitar player (and instructor) and quite the ladies man.

Maybe if i was bald and wore those funky half-moon glasses, I'd get more play....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home