Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's Going To Be A Good Week. (Unless You're A Chicken Or A Pig.)

Tuesday night (now)...25 cent wings at Frickers.

Wednesday night...20 cent wings at the Tower Tavern.

Thursday night...20 cent wings at Peanuts Too.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...Tasty ribs , pork and chicken meats over hickory at RibFest downtown, under the new "Last one out of town, turn out the lights"....er, i mean, Lincoln Financial (Lincoln Life) Pavillion. Expensive, but worth the splurge once a year to try samples from around the country and fellowship with fellow Hoosiers. I can't afford it, but I have free tickets to get in, so I'm gonna go listen to some blues, and hoist a bone in honor of my old friend Tuna, who used to enjoy ribs (and the occasional N'Awlyns blues) with me on a regular basis. Might look up former KFFA, Helena Arkansas radio icon George "Sonny" Hays, too. He loves the blues as well as a good dry rubbed rib, too.

Then on Monday....I hear the Big Eyed Fish has a wing special......

So it goes.
(with apologies to Kurt Vonnegut--if he ever found out his words were used in the context of barbecue, he'd either buy me a drink, or kick my ass...not sure which.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

i love vonnegut....hi ho

6/15/2005 12:42 AM  
Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

cool....
The Vonnegut family (including Kurt)is from Indianapolis, Indiana...the elder Vonneguts were architects, and both father and grandfather (I believe) designed the L. S. Ayres deaprtment store (still standing, now Parisian, at 1 Washington Street, in the Circle Center Mall...)

6/18/2005 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home