Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday Monday. (Or, At Least It's Not The Weekend.)

Long weekend.....

I had a dream that I was standing in front of friends and co-workers in my underwear, and getting no love at all--and it wasn't even Thursday. Oh wait. That actually happened. That was my Friday night.

Saturday was three hours of work...followed by five hours of show....followed by four hours of giveaway fun. Hard to make going to the bar and hanging out a chore, but those of you who have been in (or married to someone in) my shoes know that it IS possible.

Sort of makes the 22 hours I've put in so far this week look kinda calm and refined by comparison...but still, long hours and lack of time with loved ones sucks. As you can tell, the bile's almost fully heated and ready to be spooned out here. I need to be out of the snow...and closer to the mountains and the beach. But the time isn't right just now. So I continue to toil.

But...that's why they call work 'work', I suppose. And as for Friday's debacle, I would expect no less than total apathy from a group of people who have been slowly herded toward the apathetic side of my business for the past several years. Guess it was just an example of the success we've had in assimilating the two cultures. Let's celebrate our success!

Props to my two co-workers for humiliating themselves right along with me; to the Newsman (not even a co-worker, but still in the spirit) for his tribute to CBGB's most famous alum; and to my brother RJ Zappa for having the imagination and the balls that most of the others lacked. Onward into the B's!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

The costume part of the party (observed by 11 of us out of the 100 or so employees and their guests) was supposed to be our favorite band, artist, or era. We decided to go as the Babys. Wore union suits, big baby bottles and pacifiers. Got no love at all.
Go figure.

12/06/2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

I should point out that the midday guy and the afternoon jock also shared in my discomfort...and that the 'contest' had nine entrants...some with lame outfits...two in street clothes....and there were eight prizes handed out. We got none.

Total dissage. Complete no-lovage.

Oh well. Next year, I'm going...
eating twice as much...drinking twice as much...and taking three desserts. And wouldn't participate in a 'contest' if Santa, Jesus and the Pope were the contest judges. Lesson learned.

12/06/2005 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home