Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Christmas Wish List. (World Peace Excluded.)

You know what I want for Christmas?

I want a good paying job near Knoxville.
I want plane tickets TO Knoxville. Several tickets...for several visits.
I want to win the lottery so I can move to.....
Gatlinburg. Or maybe Asheville.

I know that it's pretty up there. We can go hiking on Tuesday. With you I'd walk anywhere.

Anyway....continuing....

What would I really like that is within almost everyone's budget?

Two things...both communications related.

A working 1940's era typewriter....boxy and solid as a brick. Got rid of my old one during one of my many moves while married (and getting divorced.) Along with my boat and my kids, I miss it all the time. I can still hear the keys striking the paper...and the sound the carriage made as you threw it back to begin a new line. Much more satisfying than this. In fact, I still pound the keyboard with the same hammer strokes that I used to use on my old LC Smith manual.

And a gross of good yellow pencils. That's right...a gross. A gross of anything is somehow strangely comforting. And pencils are fun...and useful. I want pencils.
Not one pencil...or ten pencils...a freaking box of pencils. 144 fresh, new, pencils.

Bonus points for the oversized red or black ones that we used in first and second grade. I think Eberhard-Faber made them. Easier for old, oversized hands to use.

Is that too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home