Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Thought For The Day. (Or, Theology Meets Psychology.)

Another story told to me as true....this one from Pastor Bob's wilder, single days.

Pastor Bob goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, "Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?" She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!" Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, Pastor Bob is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table. After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations." To which Pastor Bob responded, at the top of his lungs, "What do you mean $200?"

2 Comments:

Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

the boy is not now nor has he ever been that quick

12/06/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Steve "Tiny" Michaels said...

lmmfaro!!!

12/06/2005 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home