Wednesday, January 11, 2006

For Tuna.

It was three years ago today that I got the phone call that my good friend and co-worker 'Tuna" Jon Rose had passed away in the night. Many people had many kind things to say about my partner in production, but what I will always remember about him, aside from his belief in God and his skill at the bass guitar, was his sense of humor. In all the years I knew him, I almost never saw him angry...and seldon saw him cross. I attribute that to the underlying current of goodness the man had....and to his quirky sense of wit.

Tuna loved a good pun, as I've recounted here in the past....and would, in fact, call me anytime--day or night--to recount a particularly good (or bad) groaner he'd stumbled across. In honor of my friend, here are some puns, gathered from various sources. Tuna would have laughed. I hope you find at least a chuckle here.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
I fired my masseuse today. She just rubbed me the wrong way.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Shotgun wedding-- A case of wife or death.
I used to work in a blanket factory, but it folded.
I used to be a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
Marriage is the mourning after the knot before.
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
Corduroy pillows are making headlines.
Is a book on voyeurism a peeping tome?
Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.
Sea captains don't like crew cuts.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
A successful diet is the triumph of mind over platter.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumor.
Without geometry, life is pointless.
When you dream in color, it's a pigment of your imagination.
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Reading whilst sunbathing makes you well-red.
When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

And this classic--one of my favorites.....
If electricity comes from electrons... does that mean that morality comes from morons?

4 Comments:

Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

RIP...

1/12/2006 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tribute to 2-nuh, or as I sometimes called him, 'Fish Man'. He is missed...

The Mad Macedonian

1/12/2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Tuna was a fabulous person and a loving father. He was also a role-model to any who knew him. I, for one, am better for having known him. I know that he is watching from heaven, smiling on his son as he grows, and enjoying the fulfillment of his walk with the Lord.

Rest in Peace . . .

1/18/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger U15 My Gypsy said...

What a great guy, and what a sad loss for the rest of us. I knew Tuna on occasion when he worked in Lima, and was honored to work with him finally in Fort Wayne. We shared the same birthday, and he never failed to call me "old man" (he was only a year younger), and we also shared brotherhood with our belief in the Savior.

I still miss him tremendously ...

1/19/2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home