Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Moon in Your Perfume.

Gods and years will rise and fall
and there's always something more
It's lost in talk, I waste my time
and it's all been said before

--Little Stevie Forbert

Even Steve can be wrong occasionally. It's not always a waste of time (though A.A. may have thought differently.)
An unexpected but enjoyable conversation broke out late last night/this morning within shouting distance of Second Grade. It HAD to be within shouting distance, due to the overpowering volume of the jukebox (personally, I think it has to do with the gradual deterioration of the bartenders' hearing as they age--not that I know anything about THAT.) The atmosphere was enjoyable, though, and I got a hug from someone I love very much...as well as some eagerly anticipated pizza. Food for the tummy...and the soul.

Not to belittle their part of the evening, but I also had a nice chat with James-Don't-Call-Me-Jim and young Carmelite Heather. Good stuff all around.

Maybe the flat tire on my karmic wheel is ready to be repaired.

(Side note: Speaking of karma (the instant variety), Steve Forbert's album, "Jackrabbit Slim", as well as most of his other work, was produced and distributed by Nemporer Records...the lineal descendent of the North End Music Store and NEMS music. NEMS was most famous in the person of Brian Epstein, and was the original management company of a little known Hamburg-based band called...The Beatles.

What, you thought you'd get away without me telling you a story about something historic?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home